Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"The Great Costume Dilemma"


<---- Could this be us?


You know what truly bothers me: the detail that I still don’t know what I’m going to be for Halloween. This happens each year. I attempt to get ideas early on, be pro-active and get a unique costume; but it all comes untimely. Alas, the same thing is happening all over again this year. I’ve finally figured out “the great costume dilemma” as I’ve come to call it.

I have great ideas. My friends have great ideas. But, the problem is, all of our ideas are, say it with me now, unrealistic. Sure, it could be awesome for all of us to be members of the ninja turtles—but, the children costumes are not only lame, but they wouldn’t fit us anyway. I would love to be Mr. Narwhal from ELF, but I don’t have enough time, or skill, to be making my own narwhal head. I think the two person horse is great, but, let’s be serious.

So this is what happens. I’m stuck here, still, with no costume. I would appreciate any ideas. But, if nothing good comes to me by the end of the week (which is longer than I wanted to wait) I will just cop-out and buy a Ghostbusters costume. I know, mildly unoriginal.

I suppose the smart thing would be for me to be creative, and make my own costume—but, lets be honest, I’m not ambitious enough for that. Somebody save me from this misery. Cheers.

2 comments:

Christopherj said...

so basically i think the whole search for a good costume idea is great and we have done that but u know it always comes down to goin to the halloween store last minute, picking from the slim pickins and thats what we do and doing the whole ghostbusters thing is cool except that every other group of kids thought of that and passed it by because someone did it last year. so my advice is go to the store find a kick ass mask and a small hoodie and just rock a mask and maybe some fucked up gloves or something

rayhedrick said...

Well, I was thinking of something a little less...well, weird. HA. I guess you're right. I can't fight the inevitable but I still can be a little perturbed that we never have the 'best' costumes. I want people to be like, "damn! Those kidz r da bomb!" Is that too much to ask?