Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Flat McDonald's

My situation as of right now has been quite disheartening for me. Fortunately for you, I won’t bore you with my life predicaments. Unfortunately for me, these issues will continue to arise until I’m blessed with a full-time job. Anyone want to hire a hard-working, aspiring, writer/teacher?

The despondency of my day started off with waking up at 6:30AM only after going to bed at around 3:00AM. After a grueling, hour-long, drive to the Palisades Center in Rockland County (to drop my girlfriend off with her father), with Brooks, I was in great need of nourishment. Being the high-class American that I am, I decided to make a quick stop at the ever-healthy and attractive McDonald’s.

The flat world strikes again! As I’m walking out of the restaurant, after voraciously devouring a bacon, egg, and cheese on a biscuit, I noticed a small, red, sign that read: McD’s is WiFi. I was quite shocked. Now I can fulfill my greasy-food quota while writing to all of you wonderful folks, sweet.

On the way out, Brooks mentions that this is the worst possible place to have wireless internet available. While I definitely wouldn’t want any grease all over my new computer, I don’t necessarily agree with Sir Christopher. Personally, I would like to have internet access everywhere I go. I would like it in the car; I would like it in the bar; I would like it while I’m eating; I would like it while I’m sleeping. Sorry, I had to do it.

This is where we will be in the years to come, folks. At first I was upset spending $5.71 on a mediocre egg sandwich and a hash brown that will eventually be the death of me, but after finding that McDonald’s is taking the proper steps forward that most businesses should be taking—it was easier to swallow.

Who am I kidding…? McDonald’s breakfast is delicious.

I've investigated this and it's relativity to Cortland, NY on the Cortland Downtown Blog. Check it out. Cheers.

No comments: