Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Quest For Feedback

Content appears to be the most tricky facet in writing a weblog. Some bloggers believe that the easiest way to get past this obstacle is to depict his/her day. This premise works wonders if you happen to boast an interesting life, or if you’re talented at the art of exaggerating. I’m prepared to bet that most bloggers won’t get significant feedback (in the form of comments, e-mail, whatever) when writing about their day.

Sally writes: So after I got home from my final I decided to go shopping. Ah, but DAVE called, and he’s such a hunk, so I decided to stay and hang out with him. It was so Romantic.

Even if you were someone who was friends with Sally and Dave—there’s not much you can say to respond to this uncomplicated post. That is unless you’re Dave’s current girlfriend. I appreciate the audacity of bloggin’ anyway, though.

So we’re back to the dilemma of what to write a propos. Well, there’s no real answer to that. A couple of the blogs that I read regularly have been MIA. I understand that finals week has muffled the blogosphere and I use that as an excuse for myself, but the only way to get better at something is to do more of it, right? Well I’m not a fascist dictator and I’m often left with blank spots on this very same category but I do know that I used to write about my day… It didn’t work out for me, as you would probably surmise.

I would recommend, again, this book. And also, I would like to implement a new, and soon to be trendy, phrase which is: when in doubt, blog it out. I’ll let you take what you would like out of that. “Go tell it on the mountain…”

That’s it for now, folks. Cheers.

No comments: