Friday, February 16, 2007

Feeding My Addiction

I don’t know how I find the time to blog…

The good news is: taking the time to aberrate from my regular scholarly studies and write on this personal blog of mine has really helped to ease my mind.

The bad news is: taking the time to alleviate the pressure in my mind is causing the stress levels to increase dramatically.

That’s enough of my whining, right? I really wanted to write to tell about my Fridays.

It’s very curious as to why, stemming from the way that the graduate-level classes are set up, I have an incredible amount of classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but none on Monday and Friday. This is all good and well, but there is one problem with this situation…

Sure I could crawl through the catastrophic middle-of-the-week and tell myself that I’m going to use Mon. and Fri. to “catch up”. But, you see, this never happens. I end up feeling like Eddie does in this post (OK, well I guess I would never push anyone down a flight of stairs—you get the idea, though), and I just use those days to “catch up” on sleep.

Am I the only one that sees it peculiar to not have graduate classes on Fridays? At first I was ecstatic to find that I would never have any classes on arguably the most enjoyable day of the week. But, as it turns out—school-wise at least—it would have been in my best interest to stretch these classes out and have more time during the “hell days”.

I’m slight befuddled on this fact. I’ve mused over it a lot, actually; for no other reason than the fact that I don’t enjoy the idea that I may lack information on any certain subject (what a weird pet-peeve, right?). I hate that I don’t understand why one needs to use certain formulas in certain situations in mathematics. I guess that’s why I try to stay as far away from that as possible.

Anyway, my hypothesis on this situation is the idea that most traditional graduate students have a full-time job and a family at home. Also, I’m not 100% positive but I think that many traditional graduate students may have a young child at home; doesn’t Elementary school get let out at noon or something like that on Fridays? I thought it was everyday, but in having this conversation with another classmate, I found that this may only happen on Fridays. Any input on this, folks?

Ultimately, it is what it is. I can’t change how good ol’ Cortland chooses to schedule their classes. I was just feeding my addiction for knowledge, I guess.

Oh, and I also wanted to mention that when I do keel-over from the stress this semester, I plan on taking my 360 with me. So, Andy and Brooks, you guys can stop arguing (like you always do). HA! Cheers.

P.S. Anyone want to buy me this?



3 comments:

ryan said...

I can defiantly do without the mac book. Macintosh, as a company, offers weak products and a weaker clientèle.

Andyconda said...

Who is Ryan? Macs are pretty relevant as far as I can tell...

And I remember my school getting out the same time every day of the week.

rayhedrick said...

Ryan's a fellow blogger. He's entitled to his opinion; however, I've been working with Macs for a while now and have never had any problems. I <3 Macintosh.

But, thanks for the info Ryan! Have you had a Mac before?