Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wasting Time

This semester has been a little overwhelming, already. I’m taking four graduate-level classes, working an Assistantship, and helping teach a class. I find myself in the library from approx. 9AM to 9:30PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Monday’s I usually do work for the assistantship that I have (which I have to put in at least 10 hours a week; this ends up being more like 15-20 with all the side work), and, on top of all of this, I have to help contribute to and maintain the Cortland Downtown Blog. Whew! Not to mention I use Friday and Sunday to catch up on the insane amount of readings I have to do.

I have been able to stay sane, though. I do this through snowboarding. I usually take a time-out on Monday, Friday, and Saturday to head over to the slopes. It’s been really good for me recently. Last night my friends and I headed over to Labrador Mountain for a couple of hours; it was awesome because there was no one there really. We basically had the entire park to ourselves.

The good news: we all were having stellar runs, hitting all of the jumps, rails, etc.

The bad news: we all were injured by the end of the night.

I went off of one of the jumps and landed so hard and flat that I felt my brain, heart, and all other major organs jockey out of position for a minute. Everything went white momentarily. I instantaneously won a headache (although that was nothing a little Ibuprofen couldn’t fix), and my chest still hurts today (it’s getting kind of scary, actually). Does anyone know if this is a bad thing?

Maybe I should have a doctor check it out? I told my girlfriend that I would head over to the doctor’s office today, but I probably won’t do that at all. I’m in the library, waiting for a class to get out so I can use the computers to print off some documents that I will need for class. (I’m actually a little ahead of schedule today because I did some work on Sunday.)

I guess this post was just to organize my thoughts for today. Cheers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you are indeed busy. Are you stressed a lot? Stupid question? Yeah, I kinda figured as much. You could always cut down on some of your extra activities and make an even better schedule.

Good Luck :)

rayhedrick said...

Thanks! I wanted to comment on your blog post about the science article. You wrote that if I was only going to read one that that was it.

Well, I read it. Very interesting. I wish I could have commented but it seems that I would have to create an account to do so...?

Ray

Pseudonym Jim said...

My ass still hurts from falling on it so much Monday... powder tomorrow... cheers! haha

www.edwolfeiiiblog.blogspot.com
^^^(shameless plug)^^^

ryan said...

Ahhh snowboarding, I love it so much. Maybe you have too much on your plate? It's nice to have time to relax, maybe you need to wait for the semester to be over and go on a nice long vacation.

Bon Journee,

Ryan
http://ryan444123.com

Jamie Marie said...

I saw your comment on GeekZen Reviews about needing a Mac. I got mine from Macofalltrades.com. They have some really good deals. Happy hunting! Hope you find something good.

Andyconda said...

When you die I get your 360.

Christopherj said...

actually ill get ur 360 not andy and you are a very busy person and go buy a mac have a good day